Spring Home Maintenance
Spring is a great time to spend doing some home maintenance projects. We’re past the chilliness of winter but haven’t gotten to the heat of summer yet. Some of these tips will help prevent woes as we break into the summer months. Here are a few items you should tick off this spring!!
- Examine Shingles – Grab your ladder and get up on your roof to inspect your shingles. Spring, and even summer, are traditionally when we receive a lot of rain events. You don’t want lose shingles causing drips into your home or attic.
- Check your rain gutters – Like above, we’re moving into rainy season. You definitely want to make sure your gutters are clog-free to hold up to some of our heavier storms we receive here in Houston.
- Survey your chimney – It’s too warm for fires, so make sure your chimney is in working order for next winter!
- Plant, Plant, Plant – Once we hit summer it’s too late for replanting grass or flowers. Get them planted now so they have time to attach and grow before the heat and humidity breaks.
- Inspect the concrete – Your foundation has a tendency to expand and contract with the weather. Check for any major issues now before the expansion happens over the excessive heat of the summer.
- Check outside faucets – Repair any leaks now before you really need to start watering your lawn!
- Service the A/C Unit – If you’re anything like me, your AC has already been running!! Make sure to do any maintenance now because it’ll just be harder – and possibly more expensive – if you wait for something to break in the heat of July!
- Check lawn equipment – Grass is growing quickly this time of year and likely your yard needs weekly attention. Make sure your mower, weed eater, leaf blower, etc. are all in working order!
Happy Spring Everyone!!